Sometimes I like to go out of the box sort of speak and prepare a recipe that is a little different. This Baked Blackberry Glazed Salmon Recipe is exactly that. I love cooking with berries because of the beautiful colors and wide assortment of delicious flavors. With Lent being here and the need for fish in this house on Fridays I was looking for something a little different. This Blackberry Glazed Salmon Recipe is a little time consuming because of the time it takes to boil down the blackberry puree mixture. I rushed this a little bit and had wished I had let it boil down a little thicker.
If you looking for something a little different for fish on Friday give this Baked Blackberry Glazed Salmon Recipe a try, it’s worth the time and effort. Enjoy
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries (1 pint)
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and sliced into coins
- ½ lemon juice from fresh lemon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (8-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepot over medium-high heat, combine water, blackberries, ginger and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until berries break down.
- Remove berries from heat and strain into a bowl; use the back of a spoon to push the blackberry pulp through.
- Return blackberry mixture to the sauce pan, add sugar, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until reduced by half, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Brush a baking sheet with olive oil and set fillets on top. Brush fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Once blackberry mixture is cool, brush over salmon fillets and bake for 4 minutes.
- Brush again with blackberry mixture. Turn oven to broil and broil another 3 minutes or till fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve with slices of lemon.