2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium firm bananas
1 9 inch pie shell, baked
whipped cream or Cool Whip
1. You can use a bake or no bake pie crust for this recipe. Prepare the crust before you start the pie filling.
2. Slice the bananas and place evenly in pie shell
3. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt, stir in milk and mix well.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, boil for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Stir a small amount of cream mixture into egg yolks. Return all to saucepan.
7. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from the heat.
8. Add butter and vanilla- mix well and allow to cool slightly.
9. Pour Pudding like mixture over Bananas.
Let Cool-Top with Whip Cream or Cool Whip.