Beef Stew is one of my Families favorites this time of the year. This Beef Stew recipe is a little time consuming but well worth it. It cooks slow witch blends the flavors very well. The meat is so tender it melts in you mouth. On the next cold winter day give this recipe a try. It will quickly become one of your favorites.
1-1 1/2 lb cubed beef stew meat
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped fine
1 carrot, chopped fine
1/4 cup finely chopped celery, with a few minced leaves
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 pinch thyme
3 1/2 cups beef broth
2 medium potatoes, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 large onions, diced
1. Put flour, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven.
3. Place meat in bag with the flour and shake until well coated.
4. Shake off meat pieces and add them to the oil and stir until slightly
browned, Add remaining flour from the bag and the finely chopped onion.
5. Stir until well browned.
6. Add finely chopped carrot, finely chopped celery, dried parsley, thyme and beef broth
7. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours (stirring every 15 minutes).
8. Add diced potatoes, carrots, and onions, cook for another 45 minutes or until vegetables are done.