Game day again and this Beer Brats Recipe is on the menu. If you are Tailgating or watching the game from home; Brats on the Grill are delicious.
This past week we have had the coldest weather of the season, but I couldn’t resist the temptation to fire up the Grill on football game day. Greenbay football and Wisconsin Beer Brats, how good can it get? This is a simple recipe, and you can prepare the Brats for the Grill ahead of time. Just up the recipe for the number of football fans you have to feed.
- 1lb bratwurst sausages
- 1 onions (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (24 ounce can of beer)
- ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 hoagie rolls or Brat buns
- : Prick bratwurst with a fork to prevent them from exploding as they simmer. In a large pot add bratwurst, combine beer, butter, and onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Step 2: Lightly oil the grill grate. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place bratwurst onto the grill and grill for 10-14 minutes, turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
- Step 3: Place bratwurst into the hoagie rolls and top with onions.