3 cups sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup evaporated milk
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cups chopped walnuts
1. In heavy 3 qt saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, and cream of tartar.
Add evaporated milk, light corn syrup, and margarine.
2. On medium hi heat, cook and stir, scraping down sides of pan, until mixture boils.
3. Clip candy thermometer on pan.
4. Reduce heat to med.
5. Continue to cook until thermometer reads 238*.
6. Stir occasionally.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add vanilla and peanut butter.
9. Stir well. Fold in nuts. Pour into pan. Cool Thoroughly.
Cut into pieces.