I was in the mood to fire up the grill and these Ranchero Onion Burgers looked pretty good. This is a simple recipe that mixes salsa and shredded cheese into the burger before it is formed into patties resulting in a good juicy burger. I didn’t toast the buns for this recipe but I think that would be a nice added touch.
If you’re looking for a grilled burger recipe that’s a little different give this one a try; they’re really good.
- 1 pound ground round
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1⅓ cups French fried onions
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat and prepare grill for medium high heat
- In a large bowl using your hand mix together burger, ⅔ cups French fried onions, garlic powder, salsa, cheese, and pepper; divide into 4 patties.
- Grill patties over oiled grate until slightly charred and no longer pink inside.
- Serve on buns topped with the remaining French fried onions.
Adapted from 100 best Hamburger recipes Cookbook