I should eat a lot healthier then I do. I have also found that a mixture of hot and cold items don’t always go so good together. This Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Recipe caught my eye because the tomatoes added a nice touch to the dish. To make a long story short, I grilled it as a side dish with steak and it was a hit. This is a simple recipe and does not take long to make up. This is an excellent health food dish that tastes great. Enjoy
2/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 garlic cloves, crushed
4 Portabella mushroom caps ( 5-6 inches in diameter)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
low-fat cooking spray
1. Prepare the grill.
2. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
3. Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
4. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
5. Grill the caps, stem side down first for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
6. Divide the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.