Hot summer afternoons and evenings make for great poolside parties. Fire up the grill and serve your guests these Grilled Western burgers; they’ll be talking about them long after the party is over. This recipe is one of my favorites. It is a simple recipe combining grilled burgers, sliced bacon topped with melted cheddar, deep fried onion rings, and BBQ sauce on a toasted bun. Serve this Grilled Western Burger Recipe with you favorite summer time drinks and you will have a poolside party that is guaranteed to be a success. Enjoy
- 2lbs ground hamburger
- 8 frozen onion rings
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Deep fry or bake onion rings according to package directions (if deep drying drain on paper towels). Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crispy, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Shape ground burger into 4 patties and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease grill grates and heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook hamburger patties until they have reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Within the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with a slice of cheddar cheese. Close the grill to hold the heat and melt the cheese slices.
- Place the hamburger buns halves onto the grill and cook on the underside until lightly browned.
- Remove burgers from the grill and spread BBQ sauce onto both halves on each bun. Top with a hamburger patty, 2 slices of bacon, and 2 onion rings. Enjoy
- These are big burgers-if you are hosting a good size guest list- just increase the recipe as needed.
Orbit® gum is a global brand, enjoyed by millions of people around the world. Chew Orbit after any meal to leave your mouth with “A Good Clean Feeling®”. Eat. Drink. Chew™ Orbit! Like us on Facebook here.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Orbit® gum via Glam Media but such compensation did not influence any opinions expressed herein. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Orbit® gum