It was brought to my attention that I did not have a traditional mashed potatoes recipe on my blog. This is as simple as it gets, just follow the directions and enjoy.
I love mashed potatoes and gravy!
- 6 medium russet potatoes (peeled and cubed-1 to 2 inches, the smaller, the less cooking time you will need)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper; mash until light and fluffy.( use a mixer or potato masher)
- Serve hot with butter or gravy and enjoy