Back in my younger years I was at a sales dinner meeting and this was the main dish. At that time I swore I would never eat Chicken Cordon Bleu again; it was terrible. Though the years I have seen a number of recipes and none of them looked like they would taste like the one at the meeting, so I decided to get brave and prepare it myself. This homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe was delicious, and is going to be added to my favorite recipe list. This recipe has very little prep time, and requires only a few ingredients. The next time I prepare this Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe, I think I will top the chicken with some cheese sauce. Enjoy
|Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe||
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 7×11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with salt and pepper (this will be the inside). Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, salt and pepper, then sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.