I’ll have to admit I tried this recipe out of curiosity. Lasagna in the slow cooker did not sound like it would work out that well to me; was I wrong. There is a little prep time involved here but not quite as much as when you have to precook the Lasagna noodles. Using the no cook lasagna noodles works out very well in this recipe; I thought it was very good, and my wife said it was delicious.
I wanted to be able to cut serving size pieces so I lined the slow cooker with aluminum foil so I could lift the lasagna out in one piece, to cut it for the pictures, so that step is not necessary – just omit that step if you don’t need to do this.
This is a great recipe if you want to free up your afternoon to do something else while supper is cooking. You can put this in the slow cooker at 12 or 1 pm and have dinner ready when the kids get out of school.
Give this one a try – enjoy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large green pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 jar roasted garlic and herb pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton ricotta cheese (15 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 no cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chop the vegetables and line a 3 quart slow cooker with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl mix together the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet cook the burger, green pepper, and onion over medium high heat until burger is no longer pink inside; drain if needed. Stir in the pasta sauce and continue cooking until thoroughly heated.
- Layer the lasagna starting with one cup of the meat mixture placed over the bottom of the slow cooker followed by 1 cup of the cheese mixture topped with lasagna noodles. (Break noodles as needed to fit – you’ll need about 2 noodles per layer.) Continue layering, finishing with the meat mixture on top.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until lasagna noodles are tender. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and cook covered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve.