Simple and delicious! Hot pancakes, bacon, maple syrup, and melted butter; it doesn’t get much better than this. This recipe is so simple I almost felt guilty putting it on the breakfast table.
All the ingredients except for the bacon are mixed together in a blender, the pancakes are cooked, and then the bacon is rolled up into the pancakes and topped with maple syrup and butter.
Simple Swedish Pancakes with Bacon Roll-Ups
- 1 pound of bacon (cooked to crispy)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Maple syrup and butter for topping
- Cook bacon until crispy and set aside to drain on paper toweling. Reserve the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Pour all the ingredients except for the bacon into a blender, and blend until roughly blended to form the batter.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and using a pastry brush lightly coat the skillet with bacon fat.
- Cook the pancakes by pouring about 1/4 cup of batter on the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until golden brown; flip the pancake, place 2 strips of bacon across the middle, and when the 2nd side is done roll the pancake over the bacon.
- Serve hot topped with butter and maple syrup