I’ll have to admit I tried this recipe out of curiosity. Lasagna in the slow cooker did not sound like it would work out that well to me; was I wrong.
There is a little prep time involved here but not quite as much as when you have to precook the Lasagna noodles. Using the no-cook lasagna noodles works out very well in this recipe; I thought it was very good, and my wife said it was delicious.
I wanted to be able to cut serving size pieces so I lined the slow cooker with aluminum foil so I could lift the lasagna out in one piece, to cut it for the pictures, so that step is not necessary – just omit that step if you don’t need to do this.
This is a great recipe if you want to free up your afternoon to do something else while supper is cooking. You can put this in the slow cooker at 12 or 1 pm and have dinner ready when the kids get out of school.
Give this one a try – enjoy
Simple Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large green pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 jar roasted garlic and herb pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton ricotta cheese (15 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chop the vegetables and line a 3-quart slow cooker with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl mix together the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet cook the burger, green pepper, and onion over medium high heat until burger is no longer pink inside; drain if needed. Stir in the pasta sauce and continue cooking until thoroughly heated.
- Layer the lasagna starting with one cup of the meat mixture placed over the bottom of the slow cooker followed by 1 cup of the cheese mixture topped with lasagna noodles. (Break noodles as needed to fit – you’ll need about 2 noodles per layer.)
- Continue layering, finishing with the meat mixture on top.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until lasagna noodles are tender. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and cook covered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve.