2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2-2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir to mix.
2. In a second bowl, add the egg, milk and butter; stir to mix; add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
3. Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
4. Place strawberries evenly over the top of batter.
5. To make the topping: Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl.
6. With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until consistency of coarse crumbs.
7. Stir in pecans.
8. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the strawberries.
9. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.