It was blowing and cold outside with snow coming down, but I didn’t care, I was getting ready to cook these Venison Bacon Burgers on the grill.
I am always looking for good venison recipes and this one caught my attention because of the bacon mixed with the burger, and it didn’t let me down. The combination was absolutely delicious. If you have some venison burger on hand, give this Venison Bacon Burger Recipe a try. I’m sure if you are not able to grill it, pan-frying it; it should turn out just fine. Enjoy
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until brown and crispy. Pour bacon drippings (reserve some to cook garlic and shallots in) and crumble the bacon and place in a large mixing bowl to let cool.
- Use reserves bacon drippings and saute the garlic and shallots until softened, then add to the bacon and bacon drippings bowl.
- Once cooled, add the ground venison, Worcestershire, parsley, salt, pepper, and the beaten egg until evenly combined. Refrigerate about 20 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium high heat.
- Shape into 6 patties, and grill until desired doneness.
- Serve on slightly grilled hamburger buns with desired condiments and toppings .