Beer and wine in spaghetti sauce? At one time I thought this was quite unusual, but over the last couple of years my line of thinking has changed. When I brought this Beer-Braised Meatballs and Spaghetti Recipe up to my son, his eyes lit up and he said, “go for it.“I thought it was amazing, how good the combination was. I thought the beer would overpower the spaghetti sauce, but it did not- it just resulted in a delicious combination of flavors. If you’re looking for something a little different for supper tonight, give this Beer-Braised Meatballs and Spaghetti Recipe a try. You and your family will love it. Enjoy
|Beer-Braised Meatballs and Spaghetti Recipe||
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces light-colored beer, such as lager
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line broiler pan with foil and spray rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl and shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on broiling rack and bake for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Combine all sauce ingredients together in a large Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot Spaghetti