This recipe is rich in fiber and a lot of delicious flavors come together to create these Whole Wheat Banana Strawberry Muffins. I thought with strawberry season starting shortly in many parts of the country it was a good time for this recipe. I don’t use whole wheat a lot, but with this recipe it blended in very well with the rest of the ingredients.
I had thought about making cupcakes for this next post but decided on this healthier muffins recipe instead, and I was glad I did, my wife loved them. Cook them in the morning, and serve them warm with butter melting on the top. Delicious
The next time you’re looking for a sweet treat give this Whole Wheat Banana Strawberry Muffins recipe a try. There is very little prep and cooking time so you can have these muffins on the breakfast table in less than an hour.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/ 4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/ 2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- In a large bow whisk together the egg, vanilla, applesauce, and mashed bananas. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, and mix until thoroughly moistened. Then fold in the strawberries and walnuts.
- For Jumbo Muffins, spray muffin cups with cooking spray, and bake for 25-30 minutes. For regular muffins use 12 lined muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes. (When a tooth pick comes out clean muffins are done)