If you are looking for a quick and simple recipe that your kids will love giving these Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Ups a try.
This is pretty much a basic recipe that has room for some additional ingredients like mushrooms, and green peppers, but I prepared this recipe as written, and it was really good.
Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- Cook bacon and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until bacon starts to brown. Add the burger to the skillet, breaking it up, and cook until burger is no longer pink inside; drain any excess fat. Mix in the cheese and continue cooking, stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray (I used a 16x12x1 jelly roll pan for this, but any large flat baking pan will work). Roll the pizza dough into a 15×8 inch rectangle and spread the burger mixture over the top to about 1 inch from the sides. Roll the pizza dough up starting from a long side, arranging and finishing so the seam side is down.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Slice crosswise into pieces and serve hot.
Adapted from Kraft Kitchens