Fresh from the blackberry patch and into the oven – these Blackberry Muffins are moist and delicious.
This is a simple recipe that requires very little prep and cooking time. Serve them warm topped with butter and they turn into a special breakfast treat!
Blackberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A ¼ cup of sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (½ stick melted and cooled)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup plus 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 ½ cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl beat the egg, and then mix in the milk, and butter.
- Slowly mix the milk mixture into the dry ingredients until just moist, and then gently fold in the blackberries.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and divide the muffin batter between 10 of the cups – fill the other 2 cups halfway with water.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until muffins are nicely browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from tin; let cool slightly and serve warm.
Adapted from Rasa Malaysia