Fresh from the lake into the frying pan -This is a moist and delicious trout recipe. The fishing was good here on Keweenaw Bay this week, producing a nice Lake Trout catch, so I decided to post this Pan Fried Lake Trout recipe. This fish coating browns nicely has a nice crunch and complements the fish flavor.
This recipe works well for either Lake Trout or Salmon. If you want a little change from your regular fish coating recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy
Pan Fried Lake Trout Recipe
- 4 –6 Lake trout fillets (depending on size)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup saltine crackers (crushed – about ½ package)
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- In a shallow bowl (I like to use a pie dish)whisk together the Parmesan cheese, crackers, garlic salt, cornmeal, and black pepper. In a medium size, bowl mixes together the eggs and milk until well combined.
- Pat fish dry with paper toweling, dip fish in the milk mixture and then roll them in the dry mixture pressing lightly to coat.
- Cook fish in a large skillet using the oil over medium-high heat until fish is nicely browned on both sides and separates easily with a fork (about 5-7 minutes per side).
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.