Fresh blackberries, cream cheese, and a hint of lemon make this no bake blackberry pie a delicious treat.
Blackberries are very abundant her in Upper Michigan this year and I like to use as many of them fresh as possible. It has been years since I have eaten a no bake blackberry pie. I was getting ready to bake a regular blackberry pie, but it was so hot outside I was reluctant to fire up the oven for a long period of time – so I decided to do a little surfing and came across this Blackberry Cream Cheese Pie recipe. This is not exactly a no bake, but close, the pie crust is prebaked. You can substitute a graham cracker crust if you want to turn this into a 100 percent no bake recipe.
If you have blackberries available give this Fresh Blackberry Cream Cheese Pie recipe a try; it’s delicious!!
Fresh Blackberry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
- 1 regular pie crust or graham cracker crust (store bought or your favorite recipe)
- 5 cups fresh blackberries (divided)
- ½ cups Water
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Whipped cream and additional Berries for garnish
- Bake pie crust according to package directions for the single crust; set aside to cool.
- Place 3 cup of berries and water into a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil – continue cooking until berries start to soften, stirring occasionally; set aside to cool.
- While berry mixture is cooling using an electric mixer in a medium size bowl mix together the cream cheese, milk and lemon zest until smooth; set aside.
- Press the cooled berries through a sieve over a bowl to remove the seeds and return the berry juice to the saucepan and mix in the cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice until cornstarch is dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly to thicken; off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the pie crust followed by 2 cups of berries. Spoon the cooled berry sauce evenly over the top of the berries; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve garnished with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen