Wild Chanterelle mushrooms and zucchini fresh out of the garden adds up to a delicious summertime treat. This is a simple side dish recipe that doesn’t require much prep or cooking time. If you’re not a mushroom forager purchase them from the store and substitute Portabella mushrooms for the Chanterelle’s.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Chanterelle mushrooms (large ones sliced or quartered)
- 1 medium onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed and minced)
- 1 zucchini (cut into ½ inch chunks)
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet over medium high heat melt the butter, and then add the oil. Place all the ingredients in the skillet except for the salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms have given up there moisture and the mixture starts to brown; salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Hot