Homemade waffles are so easy to make and purchasing a waffle iron wont brake the bank. For topping you can use butter, maple syrup, or any other delicious combination of flavors like berries and whip cream.
Basic Waffle Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- In a large size, bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl beat the eggs until lightly beaten and then whisk in the milk and vegetable oil.
- Slowly mix the milk mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined – batter will be kind of lumpy.
- Cook according to waffle iron instructions.