Pound them down, cover them with cream cheese, then roll them up with bacon an stab them with a tooth pick; this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe is delicious, and not as hard to prepare as you would think looking at the picture. I have been meaning to make this recipe for quite awhile, and finally got around to it. What a great recipe for Super Bowl Sunday. There is not a lot of prep time or cooking time involved and your Super Bowl crowd will love it. I served this with fries and it was a delicious combination but I think it would go well with almost any side dish like mac and cheese or flavored rice.
Give this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe a try and enjoy.
This is a large recipe, if you are preparing it for the Family you might want to cut it in half.
|Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe||
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
- 2 (8 oz) cartons chive and onion cream cheese
- 12 slices of bacon
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Between 2 sheets of wax paper with a mallet flatten chicken breasts to ½” thickness.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of cream cheese over each chicken breast. Then Dot with butter and season with salt.
- Wrap with bacon and stick a toothpick through the rolled chicken breast to hold it together.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes (or until juices run clear or temperature of 165FF).
- Turn on the broiler and broil six inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.