Whenever I run across a one dish meal recipe; I love it because it can save a lot of time in the kitchen. This Chicken Cacciatore with Pasta Skillet Recipe caught my eye and I had to give it a try. The recipe is lightly seasoned, and the whole dish is on the light side, and very good tasting. You could probably season it up a little more if you would like to, but I thought it was really good the way it is. The recipe calls for boneless chicken breast or thighs, I used the breast meat because that is what most the family likes. Personally I think the dark meat would be a lot moister, and if it were only me eating, that is what I would use. The choice is yours; give this Chicken Cacciatore with Pasta Skillet Recipe a try, and enjoy.
|Chicken Cacciatore with Pasta Skillet Recipe||
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 3/4 cups Chicken Broth or Stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 of a 1-pound package uncooked medium shell-shaped pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
- Stir the broth, oregano, garlic powder, tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the pasta. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is done and the pasta is tender.