At this time of the year with Easter Lent season coming, I am always looking for good seafood recipes; like this recipe for Shrimp Alfredo. This is a simple recipe with not a lot of prep or cooking time, calling for the use of cooked shrimp. Make sure the shrimp is unthawed first, so as not to overcook the shrimp. I served this Shrimp Alfredo Recipe with cheese sticks, which was an excellent combination. You and your family will love it; give it a try.
|Shrimp Alfredo Recipe|
- 1 pound Linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound cooked shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, sauté shrimp, mushrooms and garlic in the butter for about one minute. Pour in half and half; stir. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly. After all Parmesan is added, mix in parsley and salt. Stir frequently making sure it does not boil. Sauce will take a while to thicken.
- When sauce has thickened, combine with cooked pasta noodles; serve hot.