I was pinched for time again and needed something simple and good for a hungry family. This Skillet Nacho Chili Recipe seemed to fir for a cold night. Whenever I use store bought soup in a recipe I kind of feel like I’m cheating, but I went with it anyway. For chili this recipe was very quick; it was sitting on the kitchen table in little over a half an hour. The recipe calls for spicy kidney beans,( I used the mild) if you want to turn up the heat a little bit you could use hot or add some cayenne pepper. This is a great recipe to have in your recipe box if you want a nice hot bowl of chili on a cold night, and you’re in a hurry. So the next time you’re in a hurry and want a quick, simple recipe, give this Skillet Nacho Chili Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Skillet Nacho Chili Recipe||
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso Vegetable Classics hearty tomato soup
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cups corn chips
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef and onion in skillet 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir soup, chili beans, green chilies and corn into beef mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened and corn is cooked.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Serve with corn chips and serve