This Rice and Chicken Vegetable Casserole is another simple one dish meal recipe. There is very little prep time and if you are on a budget it is also very inexpensive. Just combine all the ingredients in a casserole dish and pop it in the oven. I like these kind of recipes, because there is very little clean up; helping save some time if you have a busy evening ahead of you. I though this Rice and Chicken Vegetable Casserole Recipe was very good as is, but as you can see it is very lightly seasoned, I’m sure could season to taste if you would like. My family thought it was excellent. I hope you enjoy.
|Rice and Chicken Vegetable Casserole Recipe|
- 4 chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans water (just use the cream of mushroom soup cans!)
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables ( I used frozen soup vegetables-because it’s a good mix)
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a baking dish, mix together everything except the chicken.
- Place chicken on top. Sprinkle with additional paprika and pepper if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour, or until rice is tender, and chicken is 165F