This recipe looked so good and easy I had to give it a try. It requires a sauce that can be put together in just a few minutes, and there is a good chance you will have all the ingredients on hand.
The original recipe served the chicken and sauce over rice, but I decided to serve it with hash brown patties instead.
For a simple recipe it turned out super good – give this one a try.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (crushed and minced)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8-12 skinless chicken thighs (I did 8 and it came out about right but there is enough sauce to do 12)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a sauce pan except for the chicken. Bring the mixture to a slow boil over low heat stirring frequently until mixture thickens – off heat and set aside.
- Place chicken in a 13 x 9 baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Using a brush coat chicken Preheat oven to 425F.
- on both sides with the sauce.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes brushing with sauce every 10 minutes. Flip chicken and bake for about another 30 minutes continuing to brush with sauce every 10 minutes. Cook until juices run clear or to a temperature of 185F.
- Serve over rice.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com