This Slow Cooker Hot Dogs and Beans recipe requires very little prep time and makes a great one dish meal your family will love.
I want to free up some time by using the slow cooker give this one a try.
Slow Cooker Hot Dogs and Beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses (do not use blackstrap)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1 can pinto beans (rinsed)
- 1 can navy beans (rinsed)
- 8 hot dogs (cut into ½ inch lengths)
- Place beans and hot dogs in the slow cooker.
- Cook bacon, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat until onion starts to brown and place mixture in the slow cooker.
- In a saucepan mix together the chicken broth, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and add the sauce mixture to the slow cooker; mix to combine.
- Slow cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6.
Adapted from Cooks Country