It has been a while since I have done any baking and this Banana Crumb Muffins Recipe sounded really good so I thought I would give it a try. The end result was moist on delicious muffins – especially good warm with melted butter over the top. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require much prep time and you can save the leftovers for a couple of days, or freeze them. I prepared the recipe as written, but if I make them again I will add 1 cup chopped nuts into the ingredients.
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious muffin recipe give this Banana Crumb Muffins Recipe a try; it’s really good.
This recipe makes 12 regular or 6 jumbos.
Banana Crumb Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- [b]Ingredients for the Crumb Topping[/b]
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter (cut into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- For the muffin batter in a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- in another large bowl mix together the bananas, sugars, egg, vanilla, and oil. Mix the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened; spoon equally into muffin tins lightly sprayed with cooking spray, or use liners.
- For the topping in a small bowl combine all the ingredients together, using a fork press the butter into the ingredients until a crumbly mixture forms. Sprinkle the mixture equally over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes for regular muffins, or 25 to 30 minutes for jumbos, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Set on a wire rack to cool
Adapted from My Baking Addiction