The large Chocolate Oreo Shake at Baskin-Robbins contains over 2,500 calories and 125 grams of fat. That’s about three days’ worth of saturated fat and more than two thousand calories. This ice cream treat is also one of America’s worst foods. The nutrition facts for the beverage aren’t the only thing to consider when choosing a Baskin-Robbins beverage. Read on to learn more about the nutritional facts for this popular frozen treat.
Oreo Shake Nutrition Facts
While the Large Chocolate Oreo Shake is a tempting treat, it is also high in sugar and saturated fat. The Large Chocolate Oreo Shake has over 3,000 calories and 263 grams of sugar. Even if you don’t like ice cream, a large Chocolate Oreo Shake is the perfect treat after a hard day’s work. It only takes about 10 minutes to drink it through a straw, but it’s worth it to enjoy the taste and indulge in the decadent dessert.
What Is Baskin-Robbins?
Inspire Brands owns the Baskin-Robbins ice cream and cake specialty shop restaurant business in the United States. Baskin-Robbins, based in Canton, Massachusetts, was founded in Glendale, California, by Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins in 1945. It claims to be the world’s largest ice cream specialty store chain, with over 8,000 locations worldwide, including roughly 2,500 in the United States and over 5,000 in other countries. In approximately 50 countries, Baskin-Robbins offers ice cream. The brand is noted for its motto “31 flavors,” which suggests that a customer could try a new taste every day of the month. In 1953, the Carson-Roberts advertising agency (which eventually merged with Ogilvy & Mather) coined the phrase. According to Baskin-Robbins, people should be able to try flavors for free until they find one they want to buy.
Baskin-Robbins Oreo Shake
- We’ve all heard of Baskin-Robbins, famous for its ice cream, particularly its 31 flavors.
- The slogan implies that a customer can sample a different ice cream flavor every day for a month.
- However, have you ever wondered what else they sell? Baskin-Robbins sells ice cream cakes, ice cream scoops, pints of ice cream, smoothies, and shakes, among other things.
- Women should consume roughly 2,000 calories per day, while men should consume 2,500. It is also recommended that you consume only 225-325 grams of carbohydrates and 25-36 grams of sugar each day.
- A large Chocolate Oreo Shake contains around 2,600 calories! That alone exceeds the number of calories a man or woman should consume in a single day. There are also 333 grams of carbohydrates and 263 grams of sugar in this snack.
- Many officials have dubbed this the “worst food in America,” claiming that 3-4 sips of the smoothie were sufficient, even though those sips were likely already 300-400 calories. The worst food/drink in the country, according to Men’s Health, is a Large Oreo Shake.
Desserts can still be enjoyed in various ways, many of which are considerably healthier! If you still want a chocolate Oreo shake, look up a recipe and swap out the unhealthy ingredients! Many items have been created to match the keto diet, a trendy no-carb, no-sugar diet. Look for a brand called Swerve if a recipe calls for sugar. It’s sugar from the keto diet! Instead of the Oreo shake, it’s far preferable to prepare your food/dessert since sometimes the safest or healthiest food is the food you produce!
Why Is the Baskin Robbins Oreo Shake Considered The “Worst Food” In America?
The annual “Worst Foods” list from Men’s Health has been announced. Taking the top rank as the country’s absolute worst food
- Baskin-Robbins’ big Chocolate Oreo Shake. This big boy contains 2,600 calories, 135 grams of fat (59 grams of saturated fat), 263 grams of sugar, and 1,700 milligrams of salt.
- That’s the giant Chocolate Oreo Shake from Baskin-Robbins. The “Worst Food in America,” according to the authors of the “Eat This, Not That!” book series, is a seasonal menu item given by the Canton-based business last summer.
- The second annual ranking compares the nutritional value of menu items at major chain restaurants.
- The Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza and Pizza Skins from Boston’s Uno Chicago Grill also made Men’s Health editors David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding’s Top 20 list of “industrial-strength calorie bombs.”
- Because this is a shake for one person, it was deserving of the worst food award,” Goulding remarked. “It contains three days’ worth of saturated fat in it.”
It’s difficult to say how much ice cream goes into this. My ice cream was prepared with four or five GIANT scoops of ice cream by the man who made it. It was made in a blender, housed inside a device that appeared like a blast shield rather than in the store’s typical milkshake mixer. I suppose a large number of calories spun at a rapid rate have the potential to explode.
The Unhealthiest Shake You Can Buy At Baskin Robbins
Milkshakes are a delicious treat, whether or not they draw anyone to your yard. While they do include some calcium as a byproduct of the milk, they also contain a lot of fat, sugar, and calories. After all, this is what makes their milkshakes. Smoothies would be called smoothies if they were entirely packed with nutritious fruits, soy protein, and vitamin supplements, and people would be attempting to smuggle in the dreaded kale. Let milkshakes be milkshakes, we say! But, in the words of our favorite culinary Muppet, milkshakes should be “a once in a while thing.”
They’re available at most fast-food restaurants, but the greatest ones may be found at specialty ice cream shops like Baskin-Robbins. You might as well shock your system with a massive calorie bomb on cheat day, so it remembers what metabolism is for. Look no further than the giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Milkshake on the Baskin-Robbins menu if you want the biggest, worst, most unhealthy shake on the menu.
A Baskin-Robbins Oreo Shake is high in sugar and fat, and it is one of the most popular and widely enjoyed frozen desserts. The Baskin-Robbins Oreo shake has about 870 calories and has 105 grams of fat per serving. Another Baskin-Robbins Oreo Milkshake has about 1370 calories and 105 grams of sodium.