Our local market ran fresh strawberries on sale this past week so I decided to give this Simple Strawberry Dessert Crepes Recipe a try. They are never as good as the fresh local berries, but I’m so tired of winter I thought a little bit of fresh fruit might perk me up a little bit.
This is a simple and good recipe that your family is sure to enjoy. Take a little jump on spring and make yourself some of these Strawberry Dessert Crepes; they’re really good. Enjoy
Simple Strawberry Dessert Crepes Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1/ 4 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/ 8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Strawberry Filling
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (cleaned hulled and sliced)
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar
- To make the crepes whisk the eggs in a medium-size bowl. Using an electric mixer gradually mix in the milk, 1/ 4 cup water, flour, and salt. Mix until smooth. Refrigerate covered for at least 30 minutes.
- Place strawberries in a medium-size bowl – stir in the granulated sugar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To cook the crepes heat an 8-inch skillet with sloping sides over medium heat lightly brushed with butter. Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the skillet and rotate the pan quickly to spread the batter out.
- Cook until golden brown, flip; and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up.
- To assemble the crepes, fill each crepe with 1/2 cup strawberries, top with 3 tablespoons of whip cream, fold them over and sprinkle the Confectioners’ sugar on top.
- Top with more whip cream and garnish with fresh berries.