These Cajun Style Oven Fries are kind of on the nippy side but you can really make as hot as you want; just ad more of the hot stuff. We were having deep fried fish and I wanted to save a little time, so I decided on oven fries, so I could cook them while the fish were cooking to save some time. The spice mixture kind of fooled me because it looked like it was not going to be even, near enough, but I was wrong-it was perfect. If you are preparing a dish, and need a good side dish, give this Cajun Style Oven Fries Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Cajun Style Oven Fries Recipe||
- 4 medium potatoes- cut into wedges or fries
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, sugar, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Tabasco sauce, and oil; mix well into a paste.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- Place fries in a plastic bag with paste and work paste onto fries 6
- Place fries on lined baking sheet, trying not to let edges touch.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until done.