As you may have observed, the Christmas season will be there in the next few months, which also happens to be the baking season. We can only think about warm, freshly made cookies this month. However, cooking a large quantity at once isn’t always necessary, especially if your preferred method of consumption is hot and gooey. The air fryer can be helpful in this situation. An air fryer doesn’t require much preheating time and can bake a few cookies in approximately half the time of an oven.
Additionally, you’ll still obtain the desired flavor and texture! Can cookies be baked in an air fryer? When we learned that air fryers are similar to countertop ovens, this question was at the top of my list of inquiries. Similar to a small range is the air fryer. Remember those toaster and small ovens used for baking and had their cooking elements on top? All of your inquiries regarding baking cookies in an air fryer will be addressed in this tutorial, along with advice on making the most of it.
Here’s a Guide on Baking Cookies in an Air Fryer
Baking Cookies in an Air Fryer
- First, you can’t just dump cookie dough straight into your air fryer. You must break apart the cookie dough log or slice it if you’re baking your cookie dough. Once the cookies are broken apart, please place them in the air fryer’s basket about two inches apart. This will give them room to spread out while cooking. The air fryer basket can comfortably hold up to seven cookies, so make additional batches. To bake the cookies in the air fryer, set the temperature to 300F and cook for 10 minutes.
- You should prepare your dough (or remove it from the refrigerator if you’re using readymade dough), divide it into portions equal to the recipe’s yield, coat the inner basket with nonstick cooking spray, and bake. According to White, carefully take the baked cookies and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- A simple chocolate chip cookie will bake well at 350°F for five minutes. The majority of cookies can, however, be made in an air fryer. For example, if a cookie recipe calls for a traditional oven to be heated to 350°F, set the air fryer to roughly 325° instead. It is straightforward to modify.
Using Parchment Paper in an Air Fryer
You can use wax or parchment paper for baking in your air fryer. For best results, use precut parchment paper sheets. Never wrap the parchment paper around the air fryer basket, as it may burn or catch fire. Instead, place it flat on the basket, keeping it away from the heating element. It is best not to touch the heating element with the parchment paper, as this can lead to damage or a fire.
When it comes to baking time for cookies, you may have to spend more time if you’re using pre-made cookie dough. Pre-made cookie dough is typically denser and takes longer to heat in the center than freshly-made dough. Because the dough is already compressed and frozen, the baking time for these cookies can be up to twice as long.
Storing Baked Cookies in an Air Fryer
The best way to store baked cookies in an air fryer is to wrap them in parchment paper, and the article makes the cleanup a snap. Once the cookies are baked, remove them from the air fryer. The report will prevent the cookies from sticking to the sides of the air fryer and ruining them. Similarly, you should avoid storing them in an air fryer with high heat. To prevent this problem, bake your cookies in batches of two or more at a time.
Things to Avoid
- Even though you can air fry any cookie, you might want to avoid ones with sticky toppings because they might be more difficult to perfect. Most air fryers have a heating element at the top of the appliance. Occasionally, the tops of the cookies can burn before the remainder.
- Cookies with jam or sugar sprinkled on top should be avoided as much as possible. Cookies with all the ingredients, like chocolate chip and lemon, work best.
- Additionally, to prevent a mess, use a baking pan if you have one that will fit your air fryer. According to White, “the dough can flow through the basket.”The next best alternative is to purchase parchment sheets with holes punched through them to allow air to circulate, although some dough may still escape.
- This method may be ideal if you only need a few freshly baked cookies or to share with a friend because you will have to work in batches if you want to produce more than a few cookies at once.
- When baking cookies in an air fryer, you should avoid placing wet batter because this will cause the batter to drip off the cookie as it cooks. Also, if you use a wet batter when baking cookies in an air fryer, be aware that the food will not be crisp. In addition, if you use a wet batter, you should not bake the cookie in the air fryer unless you have used it before.
How to Make Cookies in Air Fryer?
- All-purpose flour is often referred to as white or plain flour. To make sure there are no clumps anywhere, thoroughly sift the flour.
- Baking soda: A leavening agent that helps prevent overspreading and gives cookies some rise.
- Add a tiny bit of salt to bring out the sweetness of all the sweet components.
- White and brown sugar help make the edges of the cookie crisp and complex, while the brown sugar keeps the middle of the cookie soft and chewy.
- Butter: Choose from regular butter or dairy-free butter. Pick butter from a block or stick rather than a tub, no matter which one you use.
- You can use any milk you have on hand; We used unsweetened almond milk.
- Any good cookie or dessert must have vanilla essence.
- We used vegan chocolate chips, but any sort will do, just like the butter and milk.
Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you want a simple yet tasty way to bake cookies in the air fryer, try making your favorite Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies. They are a perfect blend of chocolate, nuts, and dry fruits, and you can also make them with chopped nuts and dry fruits if you want. Using an air fryer to prepare Pillsbury cookie dough is an excellent way to quickly and easily create delicious treats in your home.
With a few simple steps, you’ll enjoy the same cookies as your mom, without the hassle of a cookie jar. These air fryer cookies are perfect for parties, movie nights, or even a quick snack, and they are also great for lunchboxes! If you’ve ever craved a sweet treat but don’t want to turn on the oven, try preparing Pillsbury cookie dough in an air fryer.
It takes just minutes to prepare, and you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home. These air fryer cookies are perfect for parties, movie nights, or packing into lunchboxes. You can also make other types of cookie dough to keep in the refrigerator.
Cleaning an Air Fryer
While cleaning an air fryer isn’t necessary after every use, doing so regularly will ensure that the appliance stays in good condition. To clean the air fryer, use a damp cloth to wipe the exterior of the machine and the heating coil. When reassembling the air fryer, be sure to unplug it before starting to clean it. It’s essential to avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive utensils when cleaning an air fryer, as they could damage the nonstick coating and cause it to smoke.
What Makes the Air Fryer Faster?
What gives the air fryer its quickness? According to Dana Angelo White, MS, RD, ATC, author of Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook, the food cooks more quickly and at a lower temperature thanks to the moving air. A standard recipe in the oven requires between nine and eleven minutes, whereas baking cookies in an air fryer takes only five minutes. Due to your decreased propensity to move away during the shorter baking period, there may be fewer burnt cookies. Another benefit? It produces a cookie with a crisp exterior and a soft within. The air fryer specializes in increasing this kind of crispy exterior!
Why Fry Cookies in an Air Fryer?
You don’t need to bake a whole batch of cookies because you’re using an air fryer. A quick set of 4-5 cookies can be prepared, and you don’t need to heat the entire kitchen to create these cookies. A bit this recipe produces more than three dozen cookies.
How can I Determine When my Cookies are Done?
We created perfect chocolate chip cookies using the air fryer for seven minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. The first time you prepare chocolate chip cookies in your air fryer, you can produce a test batch using only a few cookies because every air fryer can vary.
How should I Save the Extra Cookies?
Fresh is most acceptable for these handmade cookies. However, if you have extras, keep the cookies at room temperature in an airtight container. Cookie dough leftovers can be saved for up to three months in an airtight container or freezer bag. A freshly baked cookie can be enjoyed at any time because freezing it maintains its flavor and texture. Let your cookies totally cool before freezing them for the best results. The cookies must be well packaged and shielded from the air.
What Temperature should you Use to Air Fry Cookies?
Cookies should only be cooked at a temperature of 325F/170C, even though air fryers may achieve temperatures of up to 200C/400F. This prevents them from undercooking the inside while overcooking the outside.
Can you Bake Cookies in an Air Fryer Use Aluminum Foil?
An air fryer can be used with both aluminum foil and parchment paper. However, parchment paper works much better for cookies since they never stick to the bottom of the pan. On the air fryer rack, however, you cannot bake cookies in their original form since the batter will seep through the perforations. However, if you want, you can bake them directly on the air fryer without a basket.
There is No Air Fryer in My Kitchen. Can I Bake these in the Oven?
Yes, you may bake this recipe in the oven. As directed, make the cookie dough. Preheat an oven to 180C/350F when it has hilled. The cookies should be baked for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are just set. The vapors penetrate the batter, raising the cookie. The baking soda or powder eventually begins to degrade into carbon dioxide gas, which causes the cookie to rise higher. The mature cookie develops tiny holes as a result of all these gases, which gives it a light, flaky texture.
You can prepare these cookies without heating the kitchen because the air fryer cooks them in only a few minutes. This recipe yields gooey, melted chocolate chip cookies that are soft and buttery in texture. We hope we helped you in baking some delicious cookies for your next get-together.