Homemade carrot cake-How good can it get. This cake is, heavy, rich and moist with a delicious combination of spices. There is very little prep time involved, but it does take about an hour in the oven so allow yourself enough time.
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and then mix in the grated carrots.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for a bout 10 minutes, remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack before serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home magazine