Quick and delicious; This Instant Pot Chicken Thighs in Wine Sauce recipe requires very little prep time and cooks quickly in the pressure cooker. If you need to put a quick supper together give this one a try.
(I used an Instant Pot for this recipe but I’m sure any other brand of electric pressure cooker would work well)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can baby portabella mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 4 -6 bone-in chicken thighs (depending on number you are serving – skin removed) I served 4 and it was just right for 2 adults.
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoons pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- In a shallow dish whisk together the flour, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat Instant Pot by pressing the sauté button and setting for normal heat. Roll chicken in the flour mixture until well coated; shaking off any excess flour. Add the butter to Instant Pot and cook chicken until nicely browned on both sides. (if cooking six do 3 at a time) Remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add the wine and broth stirring to scrape any dripping off the bottom. Let mixture boil for about 3 minutes. (raise the temperature if needed) Press cancel – place the chicken back in the pot and add the mushrooms and green onions. Lock the lid and close the vent, pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes and then carefully quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Serve chicken with sauce – I served this over hash brown patties – it was delicious.