Anytime we have spaghetti or lasagna for dinner the family loves it when I have garlic bread to go along with it. This Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe has to be the best; it’s a little bit of work, but well worth the effort. If you are use to the frozen ones in the grocery store you won’t believe how good the fresh homemade Garlic Bread can be. This Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe is just a good combination of flavors and also freezes very well to carry over for left overs.
|Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe|
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- cup real mayonnaise
- 4 green onions (minced)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 stick butter
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl mix together cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, real mayonnaise, a dash of salt and green onions. Set aside. Cut the loaf of French bread in half; then cut the halves in half.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add ¼ of the minced garlic. Place one of the French bread slices cut side down in the skillet, swirling it, so it soaks up the butter and garlic. Allow the bread to toast in the skillet until evenly browned. Remove any burnt garlic from the skillet. Remove and repeat with the remaining butter, garlic, and French bread.
- Place the browned bread slices onto a baking sheet. Spread the cheese/mayo mixture onto the top of the warm browned slices of bread and place into the oven and bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Slice and serve.