In an attempt to get away from red meat a little bit I decided on this Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe. This is a simple recipe with not a lot of prep time. The recipe calls for Colby cheese, which I did use, but I think American cheese would work just as well. Be sure to allow enough cooking time; it did take a good hour before it was done. I served the Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf with a potato casserole dish, but it would also go great with mashed potatoes or rice. If you would like to get away from the red meat a little bit give this Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe a try and enjoy.
|Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe||
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound Colby or American cheese (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the turkey, milk, bread crumbs, and eggs by hand.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the cheese cubes into the mixture. Transfer to a loaf pan, and top with ketchup.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.