I am having a really busy week and needed to save some time, so I chose this Slow Cooker Chicken with Veggies and Rice Recipe. It is pretty much a set it and forget it recipe with very little prep time. I was kind of hungry for chicken this week and this did the trick. I served this with rice, but it makes a terrific gravy and would also go great with mashed potatoes. The recipe calls for 6 chicken breasts, but my wife and I were the only ones eating at home tonight so I cooked 4; but used the same amount of the other ingredients which gave us some leftovers for later in the week. The dominant spice in this recipe is thyme and it comes though rather strong; so if you don’t care for that seasoning I would cut it down or eliminate it. I have listed it as optional. If you need a good easy fix for dinner give this Slow Cooker Chicken with Veggies and Rice Recipe a try and enjoy.
|Slow Cooker Chicken with Veggies and Rice Recipe|
- 3 cups celery (sliced)
- 3 cups carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups onion (diced)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (roughly 5 ounces each)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10-3/4 ounces)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- 1/ 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/ 3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes.
- Place all ingredients except for the chicken, wine, and cornstarch in the slow cooker and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken on top of the mixture and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Mix the wine or chicken broth with the corn starch ,then add to the slow cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened.