I was short on time and needed a chicken recipe that was fast and good. When I ran across this Chicken Scallopini Recipe I thought it was worth giving it a try. Outside of the time it takes to bake the chicken breasts this is a recipe that is quick to put together. If you like lemon pepper chicken you are sure to like this recipe, with the dominating flavor being the lemon. This is a basic recipe with room to spice it up a little more if you choose to. I prepared the recipe as written and we really enjoyed it.
If you’re a little tight on time give this Chicken Scallopini Recipe a try-it has very little prep time. You will have chicken on the table in less than an hour.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- Parsley for garnish
- 4 thin lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- in a shallow pan or pie dish mix together the flour, garlic salt, pepper and paprika.
- Roll the chicken in the flour mixture; then in a large skilled using the butter brown the chicken on both sides.
- Place the chicken into a shallow backing dish lightly sprayed with cooking oil. Cook until juices run clear or to an internal temperature of 160F. (This should take 20-30 minutes depending on size) Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over low heat stir in the water, lemon juice, and chicken bouillon, stirring to loosen the particles on the bottom of the pan. Add the four lemon slices and cook for about an additional 1-2 minutes.