Sometimes I like to take a break and pick a pizza up from the store or local restaurant. This time I decided to just pick up the ingredients and put a homemade pizza together. I have to admit I did cheat a little bit by purchasing a ready-made crust. The toppings for this pizza are pretty basic so you can add whatever you like to the topping ingredients. I followed the recipe as written and we really enjoyed this Sausage Pan Pizza dish.
The next time your family is in the mood for pizza give this homemade Sausage Pan Pizza Recipe a try. It’s another simple and good tasting recipe. Enjoy
Sausage Pan Pizza Recipe
Recipe Type: Main
Serves: 1 Pizza
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1- can refrigerated pizza crust (or your favorite crust recipe)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium size skillet brown the Italian sausage with the mushrooms until sausage is no longer pink inside. Then mix in the pizza sauce and add the diced tomatoes. Cover to keep warm.
- Shape the pizza dough into a 12 inch cast iron, or oven proof skillet, working it half way up the sides. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and fill the crust by spreading 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese over the bottom. Then spoon in the sausage mixture, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.