This Creamy Parmesan Skillet Pork Chops Recipe creates tender and delicious pork chops and a creamy, cheesy gravy to serve over mashed potatoes.
This recipe is quick to put together and doesn’t take all that long to cook making it great for after school or work.
- 4 boneless pork chops (trimmed of excess fat if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 cup sweet onion (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup half and half
- ½ shredded parmesan cheese
- Mashed potatoes
- Rub both sides of pork chops with the salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet using 2 tablespoons of the butter brown pork chops on both sides; set aside on a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Add the remaining butter and the onion to the skillet and cook until onion starts to brown. Stir in the flour, continue stirring and cooking until mixture thickens and starts to brown, and then mix in the broth and half and half. Return pork chops and any juices on the plate to the skillet, cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until pork is no longer pink inside. (145F)
- Off heat, remove pork chops to a serving platter, and stir the parmesan cheese into the sauce mixture in the skillet.
- Serve sauce over mashed potatoes and chops.
Adapted from Betty Crocker