These Apple Pumpkin Muffins are a perfect combination of fall flavors. These muffins didn’t take the most perfect picture, but don’t let that fool you they are delicious.
I diced the apples a little too thick but they were still really good.
Apple Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- A ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped tart apples (I used Paula reds for this recipe because that is what I had on hand.)
- In a large bowl mix together the first 7 ingredients until well combined.
- In a medium size, bowl whisks together eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened, and then fold in the apples.
- Using lightly sprayed muffin cups, or liners, fill them 2/3’s full with the batter.
- Bake at 350F for 30 – 35 minutes; cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.