This Egg Drop Soup Recipe is amazingly simple and quick to prepare. This Egg Drop Soup Recipe makes for a delicious side dish to go with a homemade Chinese take-out supper.
|Egg Drop Soup Recipe|
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn starch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Pour chicken broth into a medium size saucepan-reserve ¾ cup chicken broth to mix later with the cornstarch.
- Add ginger, salt, and green onions and bring to a boil.
- Combine the ¾ cup chicken broth with the cornstarch and set aside.
- in a separate bowl whisk eggs and the egg yolk together.
- Slowly drizzle the egg a little at a time into the boiling broth.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture, which will give the Egg Drop Soup a smooth tecture.
- Serve hot and enjoy!