I love it when the fresh fruit season gets here. The only problem is it doesn’t last long enough. So much of it ends up in the freezer. However; it is real easy to use fresh frozen fruit to make a topping for ice cream or for anything else you might need a fresh fruit topping for. Freeze the fruit in a zip lock freezer bang so you can pour out just what you need. The recipe here is just for the fruit topping. You can use any type of fruit you want to use and it should come out just fine For this Banana Split I used blueberries, strawberries and hot fudge in the center topping it with whip cream, mixed nuts and a black berry on top of each scoop. If you’re in the mood for a summer time treat, give this Frozen Fruit Banana Split Recipe a try. It’s Great! Enjoy
|Frozen Fruit Banana Split Recipe||
- 2 cups frozen berries (berries do not have to be thawed)
- ¼ cup water
- 1/ 4 cup sugar or artificial sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or to taste
- In a small bowl combine water, lemon juice, and corn starch- mixing until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- In a small or medium size sauce pan combine the berries, sugar and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook over medium heat till berries start to break down and mixture is thickened.
- Cool and serve.