I am always looking for a good side dish to go with grilled food and this Red Potato Salad Recipe was perfect. You can fancy this recipe up anyway you would like most of the ingredients are optional so you can add or subtract ingredients to taste. Fresh red potatoes are so good in the summer; they just melt in your mouth. If you scrub them good before cooking there is hardly any skin left on the potato and they are great for preparing a potato salad. This is a great recipe for graduation parties or a Memorial Day cook out. The bacon in this recipe is a nice added touch. The next time you are having a cook or preparing for a graduation party out give this Red Potato Salad recipe a try. Enjoy
|Red Potato Salad Recipe||
- 2 pounds clean, scrubbed new red potatoes
- 6 Radishes (sliced)
- 3 green onions (sliced or chopped.)
- 6 eggs (Divided)
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (finely chopped)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and set in the refrigerator to cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and let cool.
- Cook bacon until crisp on the stove or in an oven or microwave. (I like using the oven it does a good job for this.)
- Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, add 3 eggs chopped, bacon, sweet onion, green onion, sliced radishes and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the remaining 3 eggs and arrange them on top of the potato salad, and garnish with paprika if desired.
- Chill for an hour before serving.