This Green Bean Casserole Recipe is a popular recipe during the Holidays, but it is one of my favorites no matter what time of the year it is. It is one of those recipes that no matter how much of it you make there is none left over. This Green Bean Casserole Recipe would also be a great dish for graduation parties, or pot luck, just increase the recipe for the amount needed. So treat yourself and your family and give this Green Bean Casserole Recipe a try and enjoy.
|Green Bean Casserole Recipe|
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 6 cups fresh green beans (ends removed and cut in half)
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans low-sodium condensed cream of mushrooms soup
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) cans French fried onion rings
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet melt butter and add mushrooms and garlic. Cook while stirring until mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
- Add green beans to a large sauce pan and pour chicken broth over them. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes or until green beans become fork tender. Drain green beans (but do not rinse).
- In a large bowl combine cream of mushroom soup, cooked mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, pepper and onions rings, mix well. Gently fold in green beans. Pour into a greased 3 quart casserole dish. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.