When the Holidays roam around it always occurs to me I don’t have a ham recipe on my cooking blog so I decided to get this done so at least when Thanksgiving and Christmas get here I will have a Ham Recipe on my site. When I saw this Orange Honey Glazed Ham Recipe I wasn’t sure how the orange flavoring would go with the ham. I have had orange chicken and it was very good so I thought I would give this Orange Honey Glazed Ham Recipe a try. It was very good, and the family loved it. I didn’t slice or score the ham; I just went with the brushing instructions and the amount of glaze that was absorbed into the meat was perfect. The next Holiday season give this Orange Honey Glazed Ham Recipe a try. It’s a simple recipe; you and your guests will love it.
|Orange Honey Glazed Ham Recipe||
- 1 (10 pound) fully-cooked, bone-in ham
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (can pineapple slices)
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice (from can of pineapple slices)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 large orange (juiced and zested)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place ham in a roasting pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices and cherries with tooth picks around the ham.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, pineapple juice, honey, orange juice, orange zest, Dijon mustard, and ground cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Bake ham in preheated oven uncovered for 2 hours. Remove ham from oven, and brush with glaze. Bake for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, brushing ham with glaze every 10 minutes.