This Peppered Shrimp Alfredo Recipe took a little time to put together but it was well worth the effort. I thought the recipe looked a little unusual because of some of the ingredients, but it turned out very good. It has a nice rich flavor because of the cream and a little bit of a nip created by the cayenne pepper. For the shrimp I was able to get tail off for this recipe; just use whatever is available. The recipe calls for raw shrimp but I’m sure cooked would work out fine. So if you want seafood on the menu tonight give this Peppered Shrimp Alfredo Recipe a try and enjoy.
|Peppered Shrimp Alfredo Recipe|
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound Portobello mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Cook penne pasta to package directions to al dente, and drain
- Melt butter together with the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, red pepper, and mushroom; cook over medium-high heat until soft.
- Stir in the shrimp, and cook until firm and pink, then pour in Alfredo sauce, Romano cheese, and cream; bring to a simmer stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir drained pasta into the sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.